In Birmingham and Ann Arbor, Michigan
What is Geneveve?
Viveve, a women’s sexual health company based in California, has introduced a treatment specifically meant to treat vaginal laxity in women: Geneveve™. Vaginal laxity is a common issue for women due to childbirth or aging. There are many symptoms associated with vaginal laxity in women, including:
- Stress urinary incontinence (dribbling after you cough, sneeze, laugh, or exercise)
- Urge incontinence (strong or sudden need to urinate)
- Looseness of the vaginal wall or lack of tightness
- Vaginal dryness & lack of lubrication during sexual activity
- Lack of sensation & sexual desire
Unlike other vaginal rejuvenation treatments such as ThermiVa® and diVa®, Geneveve™ is the only treatment that uses algorithmically-controlled cooling to help distribute energy evenly across tissue for optimal treatment.
Who is a Good Candidate for Geneveve™?
Women who are experiencing vaginal laxity due to aging or childbirth can often benefit from this procedure. It is advised that individuals who are pregnant wait until after birth to undergo this treatment. Women who are menstruating should also wait to undergo Geneveve™ treatments, as increased blood flow in the area and impede the penetration of RF energy. Furthermore, patients with an automatic implantable cardiovascular/defibrillator (AICD) should not receive this treatment. A consultation can help to best determine if this procedure is right for you.
The Geneveve™ Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure
The Geneveve™ procedure entails the use of a treatment wand attached to a table-top unit. Using tiny pulses of cryogen-cooled monopolar radiofrequency (CMRF) energy, Geneveve™ works to selectively heat vaginal tissues, causing contraction. This tightens the tissues and stimulates new collagen formation. One treatment only takes about 30 minutes, and no anesthesia is required.
Because the overlying tissues are not damaged during a Geneveve™ treatment, there is little to no downtime involved. Side effects that may occur include mild redness, swelling, or a tingling sensation after treatment, which should resolve quickly. Collagen formation will take place over the course of two to three months with continued improvement for six to 12 months.
If you are located in the Birmingham or Ann Arbor, Michigan areas and are interested in learning more about the Geneveve™ non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatment, contact BOYD today. Dr. Boyd is the key opinion leader for the state of Michigan offering this breakthrough treatment that can produce long-lasting results for a better sense of well-being.
- Geneveve completely changed my life and I am so happy! Before my Geneveve by Viveve treatment, I had conversations with my gynecologist discussing my frustrations with vaginal discomfort and having a small amount of urinary distress. I thought there was nothing that could help, but she recommended seeking out a vaginal rejuvenation procedure to help me with my symptoms. Already being a patient of Dr. Boyd’s, his staff informed me when the treatment became available and I was eager to get a solution to my problems. I was most attracted to the fact that it would be painless, no downtime and would only need 1 treatment instead of a series of 3 like some other procedures I have researched. I am now 2 months out from the procedure and I am most impressed with the improvement in my areas of concern. It was quick, comfortable and has offered me tangible results. -S.A. (Age 49)
- “I’m a 70 year old woman, very active, and I have a significant other who is 17 years younger than myself. We’ve never really had any trouble in that area, I’ve been lucky. I’m a fairly good size or at least we’re a good fit together. I don’t have a problem with lubrication, I’m on complete hormone replacement, but I did have a complete hysterectomy where they remove the cervix. I wasn’t told beforehand that when they do that you respond differently sexually, unfortunately. I had no problem with it and I would have kept it in but they just took it and didn’t tell me I would be different sexually in response. I do respond slower in orgasm than I did before. I didn’t even realize I wasn’t as sensitive…Click here to read more
- “I am 48 and post menopausal. With this I have experienced all the side effects we hear of with menopause. Dryness and pain during intercourse. This is an embarrassing process to go they and discuss. Not to mention It makes you feel less of a women and can (did cause emotional) distress during intercourse. I heard of many processes in which would remedy the issues that I had experienced: 1) estrogen (synthetic drug that is known to cause cancer. 2) laser treatment that scared me as I learned of all of the effects that could have and last but not least 3) Viveve!!!! Yes Viveve I say with excitement! This was my answer. So as I had the opportunity I jumped on it. The experience was everything that it had said! No pain, no side effects, no worries! After the treatment I had to try it out with my husband! Needless to say what a success. It has now been approx 3 months post treatment and I can firmly say that I am completely satisfied with the outcome. My husbands comment was it rolled us back 10 years. This has changed my (our) life. Thank you Dr. Boyd and Shari Martuscelli for forever changing my life.”